10.31.2005

Hot in heeerrrre



It's Halloween and it's hot as monkey balls here. Being a big, hairy, dumpy guy is not cool (no pun intended) when a majority of the ozone layer has depelted in the country you live in. The sun is so F*ing hot here. Even though its only about 80-85, it feels like a 100. The other day I saw a guy melt, it was awkward. He was all like " help me" and I was all like "dude, I don't know what to do." I hope I can take the heat a lot better by the time summer gets here.

Also, the heat is breaking out some crazy creatures in the city. The arts campus where I spend most of my time is crawling with gigantic roaches and spiders. I saw a flying roach the other day at least 4" long. I had to get out of its way. And the bats here are crazy too. They are huge and you can hear their wings flapping when they fly around.

Last Friday I hung out with the lead singer of The Used. He was cool guy.**backstory** The girl who used to live in my room before I moved in is best friends with Jade, my roomate. Her and Jade both worked in the music industry. They are always attending shows and press conferences. At one of these press conferences, her and the lead singer of the used met and fell madly in love with eachother. A month later, she moves back to LA with him and they are now engaged. **end backstory** So they are back here touring and she stopped by with him to hang at the house. We all went to dinner and then came back to my place to drink afterwards. About 50 people were there and I didn't know 75% of them. A lot of friends of friends who just came to hang out with a rockstar. All in all it was a crazy night, we drank til about 7-7:30 and a good time was had by all. There was some drama but nothing out of the ordinary.

**sidenote** RSJ: I plugged [velvet] a few times, don't think anything came out of it. Sorry, I tried **end sidenote**

I am pissed I missed the Donkies annual Halloween party. There were some solid costumes this year.

4 comments:

The Redonkulous Linker said...

Nice update. Things sound money down under, hope some Donkies can make it down soon.

Didn't the guy from "The Used" once date Kelly Osbourne. Hah. Your roomate's girl is the rebound chick from Kelly Osbourne...ouch.

subcontinental.giant said...

True. Someone else brought that up last week. It's a hell of a rebound because she is MOOOONNNNEY !!!

Ian said...

My cousin made out with Tommy Lee:

http://www.radionow931.com/morningmess/gallery/tommy_lee.aspx?PhotoID=26828&cc=9817290752

reviewer said...

Visit some great Sydney restaurants Sydney Restaurant Reviews