3.29.2006

Squats Till We Poop

Since my last post I have found a job. I know, it's so out of character, Mr. " I quit my job to travel the world and be a bum" has a job. But wait let me explain. Can I help it that it is my predetermined genetic destiny to work in the job that I have. Can I help it that I have tried my whole life to avoid this job that I have. Can I help it that I moved to another continent to get a masters degree to avoid this job that I have. No... I can't ! Genetic predispositon: 1. Me: 0.

What's this job. I am a Slushie machine guy. I work for a small party hire company called Cocktail King located in Edgecliff. I am the guy that prepares the slushie mixes ( alcoholic and non) , prepares the machines, and delivers them to functions and peoples houses. In actuality, it is an amazing job. I work with 3 other guys including the owner and it is a laid back gig where I get to drive a big ass van full of slushie mixes and machines around all of sydney making peoples parties better. And it pays good.

-----

I can't get enough of the Peter Rosenberg Show. Podcasts are amazing and I am glad the RL introduced me to them. I get a little slice of home automatically updated in my iTunes every morning. Pretty cool. Speaking of RL, check out his blizzog... that jounx is getting better and better every post.... and its blowing up.

-----

The Footy just started here. It's a fun time, Autumn has arrived and NRL, AFL and Rugby Union are all starting. It's good for me because all my local teams from back home are useless. However, the Wests Tigers wont the NRL Premiership last season and the Sydney Swans won the AFL Premiership. So all local teams here are defending champs and since I watched them win last year, I look forward to watching them defend their titles.

Oh yeah, I have been trying to get into the NBL as well. But it is not the same. The only reason I will support it is because there is a team called the Brisbane Bullets. Oh thats gonna be jersey purchase for sure !

Redonkulous Linker and McDonkerton: Check this out.

-----

Most of you probably don't know this, but along with being an artist/designer/superhero I am a huge graffiti fan. Turns out I moved to the right country for that. Graffiti culture is very recognized in OZ and is everywhere. There are a huge number of galleries in Sydney and the eastern suburbs designated to street art. Actually, Melbourne ( mel-burn) is the "Stencil Graffiti Capital". There is a Stencil Festival being held there in a few weeks, I will defintiely try to make that. Will keep you posted ( as if you really want me to).

-----

Best use of Alcohol and email goes to my little Brown Buddy K-dizzle ( half of the Brown Guy Express had a guest blog back in June of 2005). Please read below.

Subj: BWEEEFCAKE!!

I AM SOO DRUKNK

LETS TO SQUATS TILL WE POOP

YEAAAAAH!!!!

YOU NEED TO COME BACK TO WEEK CAN TACKLE WHITE PEOPLWE!!

Keep up the good work man !

-----

Check out this website. One of the best, most intense, interactive sites I have ever seen. Makes me want to just give up... why bother when this is being done. Amazing. Litfuse Designs

3 comments:

dumpoplex said...

great post, thanks for the shout out. this explains the mess left in my room.

averagejoe said...

Remember when Apu was canoodling with the Slushie lady? That was great.

The Redonkulous Linker said...

You. Bring back bullets jerseys. To DC. Those are awesome. I have no idea what the conversion is between 45 australian kangarooan dollars and 45 american dollars but the donkeys(ies) need those jerseys, and soon. Just imagine someone half your size, and buy a couple jerseys in that size, I think the size is called medium-Koala or some shit like that in Australian. How many real hip-hoppers in the place right now?