6.29.2005

G'day Mates.

This is the first offical post from Aussie soil.

I finally made it. After some long ass flights, stupid layovers and a little time traveling I am in Sydney.

Total trip time : 33 hours.
Days that disappeared due to time traveling : 1 (Mon. June 27th )

I got in yesterday around 9. Came to Bilal's place and we went out and about. I bought a cell from Vodafone and we toured the streets for a bit.
I was way too tired to go out last night so I just stayed in and napped while Bilal went to class.

I did discover 2 great things, the Kebab place downstairs and the beauty of being freed from the watchfull eye of the FCC.

Holy moly, I watched Big Brother on TV last night as I was dozing off. (it was either that, cricket or Wimbeldon) So as I was watching it I kept hearing F bombs being dropped every 3 secs, then it happened. There was a hot tub scene with topless women and shortless men. Wow. Uncencored reality TV. I am going to love this place.

All for now. More as it unfolds.

3 comments:

The Redonkulous Linker said...

Sweet. Congrats on makin it out of the 9-5 corporate struggle. Throw a shrimp on the barbie for me. Mmmm shrimp.

dumpoplex said...

What you have accomplished in the last couple days is amazing. You have managed to alter time, travel to Australia, buy a "Vodafone" and single-handedly free yourself of oppression.

In the last couple of days I have eaten a sandwich.

averagejoe said...

Way to go buddy! Glad you made it ok. Give Bilal a swift kick in the nuts for me. Make sure you loudly celebrate the 4th of July this weekend to confuse and offend all your Aussie neighbors.