6.01.2005

OB 1 Kun OB


Last night I went and saw StarWars Ep. III: Revenge of the Sith. The special effects and the background graphics were REDONKULOUS. The opening scene made my nose bleed. However, like all the other Lucas films, the dialogue was absolutely horrendous ! I shuttered anytime there was more than 2 lines of consecutive dialogue. But fortunately there was minimal speaking scenes and the entire movie was action/graphics/special effects driven.

Before I went to the movie, I read several rumors on the internets that said there were a lot jabs taken at the Bush administration. It did seem that there were several scenes and lines that could be associated with our fearless, cowboy, action driven leader and his band of freedom fighters. However, the movie was written during the Nixon administration at a time when the US was at war with Vietnam. So I think it is coincidental that even though the movie refers to the anti-war atmosphere of that administration, it fits with the current anti-war situation.

But I went in to be wowed by the graphics and the action scenes, not to see a political statment made by Lucas. Honestly, I was just happy to not be sitting between a storm trooper and a wookie while I watched the movie.

3 comments:

subcontinental.giant said...

Yeah I think it's worth going to see since its the last Star Wars . I didn't call you because it was last minute and I caught the 10 pm show at Uptown.

The Redonkulous Linker said...

I'm only going if Triumph is outside in line, mocking people. Puppets are the best comedians, besides Eugene Mirman of course.

Anonymous said...

"I - am - a - STORRRM - TROOPER"

"You - are - a - DORRRK"